N-12® Low Head Irrigation Pipe
Structural strength, joint integrity, flow capacity, flexibility and economy for efficient water distribution
Building on the success of N-12 WT pipe, the next generation of performance in HDPE pipe is the N-12 Low Head pipe.
Our engineers started by modifying the integral bell joint to provide a water-tight yet flexible joint tailored for the low head irrigation market. Multiple polymer wraps are used on longer bells to provide additional sealing area and ease of field joint assembly. The spigot is designed with space for a second optional gasket to provide redundant sealing of the joint.
In addition to joint improvements, ADS engineers designed a pipe capable of handling the pressure associated with low head irrigation. N-12 Low Head pipe is extruded with a pressure–rated resin (PE 3408) in the liner portion allowing continuous pressure (up to 5 psi with a 10 psi surge) without detrimental long–term effects. This resin is the same as that used in high pressure gas transmission throughout the country. Although not required in traditional gravity flow, non-pressure drainage applications, the addition of a pressure-rated resin allows continuous pressure (up to 5 psi) to be applied without detrimental long term effects.
- With bell & spigot designs you simply lube and push together, field installation is a snap
- Unlike pipes from other manufacturers, there are no additional gasket materials, grout or sealing bands to transport and apply.
- In-line bell design means no need to dig bell holes - and no worries about improperly dug bell holes that can dip or sag, leading to bell shear.
- Encloses irrigation canals that tend to lose water to evaporation.
- Noticeably faster installation times
- Low labor costs