Water Control Structures
Water level management is an important part of any drainage plan. ADS manufactures water control and management structures that provide effective ways to manage water levels in a variety of applications, including agricultural, where these structures can help to keep nutrients in the field instead of becoming pollution in a stream.
ADS water control structures allow overflow for heavy rainfall events, but also restrict water movement during normal conditions to maximize residence time for valuable nutrients so they can stay in the crop zone. The benefits of ADS water control structures include:
- Allows timely drainage to maximize crop development or wetland control
- Improves water quality
- Multiple stand pipes allow precise level control at every elevation
- Allows a controlled release of outlet flow
- Drainage control reduces the annual transport of total nitrogen
- Reduces nutrient exports and total suspended solids (TSS) in watershed
- Does not require boards that are difficult to remove
In addition to agricultural uses, the structures can be used in a variety of other applications, including general water level management, wetland management, riparian zone control, residential flow control and more.